1) Assess Data Privacy Practices
1. Only Android Applications were chosen for consistency
2. Reference site: https://play.google.com/
3. Searched the most popular applications, as well as those representative of several categories
4. In each search, the following were collated:
• App/Company Name
• Developer (Is it internal or outsourced, individual; app development company?)
• Web site
• Review (indication of quality)
5. Analysis of 103 mobile applications plus 10 apps relating to financial advisors/real estate agents
2) Use of Scan technology from AppKnox
1. Analyzed APK binary file from play.google.com
Code analysis covers basic coding practices, data flow and metrics which include OWASP configurations. The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) is an online community dedicated to web application security.
Going a step further and using an attacker’s approach to analyze mobile Network and Product’s security.